Table of contents
Al-Taif University is one of the prestigious Saudi public universities, located in Al-Hawiyah area near the airport road. Which includes a large number of departments and colleges between literary, scientific and legal disciplines. Therefore, we will clarify the date of the establishment of Taif University and its facilities, as well as the method of registration in Taif University, electronic services and the conditions for admission to it.
The history of the establishment of Taif University and its developments
The College of Education in Taif was established in the month of Jumada al-Awwal in 1400 to join King Abdulaziz University. While it has already been annexed to Umm Al-Qura University in implementation of the royal decree issued in 1402 AH. The enrollment of students, who numbered 85 males and 180 females, began at the university in the first semester of 1401 and 1402 AH.
The study began at the university in a limited number of departments, including a special section for Arabic and another for Islamic studies, and a special section for mathematics in addition to the biology section, the foreign languages section, and the educational sciences section.
Where the college remained limited to those departments until it witnessed a great development after 19 years. It was the inauguration of the College of Science, which included a number of vital disciplines, namely the departments of Physics, Computer, Mathematics and Biology.
Not only that, but the university witnessed a significant expansion in the area as the King Saud Palace was granted to the university branch and the two colleges were transferred to it. The two colleges remained thus under the umbrella of a subsidiary university affiliated with Umm Al-Qura University until it was transformed into an independent university and called Taif University, following the visit of Prince Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud in 1424 AH. An independent budget was also allocated to the university, and the director of Umm Al-Qura University was appointed as its director.
Faculties of Taif University
The issuance of the royal decree establishing the university was a breakthrough towards the creation of new departments and multiple colleges. Each college had a number of specializations as follows:
Faculty of Computers and Information Systems
The College of Computing and Information Systems included the Department of Computer Science, the Department of Computer Engineering and the Department of Information Systems.
College of Engineering
The College of Engineering also includes a group of specializations: architecture, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, industrial engineering and civil engineering.
The faculty of managerial and financial sciences
The Faculty of Administrative and Financial Sciences also included: Department of Investment and Finance, Department of Economics and Project Management, Department of Management Information Systems, Department of Accounting and Department of Business and Marketing Administration.
College of Medicine and Medical Sciences
The College of Medicine and Medical Sciences also includes a group of vital specialties: pediatrics and surgery, medical biology, anatomy, urology, forensic medicine, surgery, rheumatology, pathology, pediatrics, in addition to the internal medicine department and the medicine and radiology department.
college of Literature
The Faculty of Arts included a number of specializations: readings, English language, Arabic language, and the Department of Sharia and Islamic Studies.
Two new colleges have also been added, namely; College of Pharmacy and College of Community Service and Continuing Education.
The new faculties and departments of Taif University
In addition to creating new majors in the already existing colleges, a royal decree was issued to add new colleges with different departments and specializations in 1428 AH. These colleges can be reviewed by their departments as follows:
- College of Applied Medical Sciences in Torba, which includes the Department of Biotechnology, the Department of Microbiology, and the Department of Medical Records and Veterinary Health.
- Also, the College of Sciences and Arts in Berne, which includes a number of departments: Accounting, Mathematics, English, and Business Administration.
- Al Khurma Community College, which included the following departments: Computer Science, Marketing Management, English Language, and Medical Records.
Read also: Registration at Jazan University
New colleges at Taif University in 1429 AH
After taking the step of merging the educational, literary and scientific faculties with the corresponding departments, the university obtained approval of a proposal that includes a demand to establish new faculties. It has already been established and these colleges are:
Bernieh Community College
Ranyah Community College includes two departments: Computer Science, Business Administration, and Secretarial Studies.
College of Education and Science in Khurma
The College of Education and Science in Khurma also includes a large number of departments, including:
- Education and Psychology.
- Also the Arabic language department.
- Department of Sharia and Islamic Studies.
- In addition to also the Department of Home Economics.
College of Education and Arts in Torba
The College of Education and Arts in Torbeh also includes several departments; delusion:
- Readings section.
- Sharia and Islamic Studies.
- Home Economics.
- Kindergarten department.
- As well as the Department of Education and Psychology (assistant department).
- English department.
College of Design and Home Economics
The College of Design and Home Economics includes a number of departments:
- Department of Housing and Family Institutions Management
- Interior design clothing and textile
- Art Department
- In addition to the Department of Nutrition and Food Science
- Electronic drawing department
College of Sharia and Regulations
The College of Sharia and Regulations has several departments:
- Systems Department
- Islamic Law
- In addition to the Islamic Culture Department, which is an assistant department.
Deanships of Taif University
There are several deanships at Taif University, each of which is charged with specific responsibilities, and they include the following deanships:
- Deanship of Scientific Research
- students Affairs
- Deanship of Undergraduate Studies
- Also Deanship of Postgraduate Studies
- information technology
- Library Affairs
- distance e-learning
- university development
- Also, the Deanship of the Preparatory Year
Taif University Branches
In light of the expansion steps adopted by the university since its inception, it has succeeded in establishing a number of branches in different regions to be affiliated with it. These branches include:
- Berne Community College.
- Also the College of Education and Arts in Torba.
- Al Khurma Community College.
- Applied Medical Sciences in Torba City.
- Education and Science in the city of Khurma.
- As well as the College of Sciences and Arts in Rania.
“Read also: Ods Plus, King Abdulaziz University”
Taif University E-Services
Taif University is keen to build an integrated system of electronic services that facilitate the workflow in it and follow it towards keeping pace with technological development, to be able to complete the services and achieve them with the highest efficiency and in record time. The list of Taif University electronic transactions includes a number of vital services that you will find on the link of the Taif University page Home Taif University tu.edu.sa, the most important of which are the following:
Academic Systems Services
Academic systems services include a large number of services, the most important of which are:
- University system.
- Academic system.
- Learning management system.
- the central Library.
- Support systems for health services.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center System.
- Support systems for health services.
- Postgraduate studies and scientific research system.
- Professional record.
- Academic recommendations.
- Saudi Digital Library.
- Digital repository system.
- Professional record.
- Arbitrators database system.
- Assessment of technical support service level and skills platform.
Administrative Systems Services
Administrative systems services include:
- Administrative systems services.
- Administrative Communications System Service (Murasalat).
- As well as the administrative communication system service from outside the university (correspondence).
- service your requests.
- Technical Service Management System.
- Platform services such as; The visit platform service, the investment platform, the Saudi statistics platform, and the partnerships and agreements platform.
- Workflow system service.
Some electronic services have been developed with the emergence of the Corona pandemic; It includes a system for booking Corona vaccine appointments and precautionary measures to follow up on Covid 19.
Unified Admission and Student Services Portal
The Unified Admission and Student Services Portal also includes the following services:
- Appointment booking service for issuing university cards.
- Secretariat service for the Deans of Admission and Registration Committee.
- In addition to the admission portal service and the Student Rights Committee.
Taif University facilities
The facilities of Taif University have undergone many developments and expansions, which began with the restoration of the royal palace and the exploitation of the empty spaces in it, with the establishment of nearly 30 administrative and academic units, in addition to a number of study halls and laboratories.
As for the specialized units and research centers, they had the best luck. Examples of such centers are; The Research Center, the Computer Center is also the Center for Educational Aids and Technologies. A gymnasium, two halls for holding celebrations, an electron microscope unit, and others were also established.
The Prince Sultan bin Abdulaziz Complex for Medical Education was also added to the university, which was taken as the headquarters of the University’s Faculty of Medicine and Medical Sciences. After that, the university restructured both the Boys’ Health College and the Girls’ Health College, to be transformed into the College of Applied Medical Sciences. The university is still moving towards development and expansion until the number of faculties in its corridors has reached nineteen faculties that combine multiple disciplines.
How to register at Taif University
The method of registration at Taif University has simple steps. Any student who has fulfilled the admission requirements at the university can apply and register in it through the electronic admission service provided by the electronic portal. To know the steps of Taif University, log in by following the following:
- Enter the admission portal through the service link from here
- Click on the “New Admission Request” icon.
- Enter the civil record of the applicant.
- Then enter the acceptance data in the designated fields.
- Fill in the fields for your specialty.
- Reading the nomination results and then confirming admission to the university.
- Then click on “University Admission”.
- Upon completion of this step, the student can obtain his university number.
Read also: Qassim University
Conditions for admission to Taif University 1443
Taif University has set specific conditions for admission, and every student who fulfills these conditions has the right to apply to register at the university and obtain a university card that proves his affiliation with Taif University. The conditions for admission to Taif University include the following:
- The applicant must be a Saudi national, or the son of a Saudi mother.
- Holds a high school diploma or holds a high school equivalent certificate.
- No more than five years have passed since the student obtained the secondary certificate or its equivalent.
- Not less than 70% success rate.
- The student has not been accepted to another college.
- Also, he must pass the admission tests.
- He gets the appropriate scores in the English language tests, which are not less than 47.
Read also: Blackboard Hafr Al-Batin blackboard lms uhb
Blackboard Taif University
Taif University has been keen to keep pace with the rapid technological development by adopting the Blackboard system. It is a modern electronic system that supports the distance learning process, and guarantees students successful communication with professors. Through which questions are asked and clarification is sought by students, continuous follow-up and interactive education by professors.
This system is also a strong supporter of the quality of education and training and the qualification of students to join the labor market after graduation. Among the most important advantages of Blackboard are the following:
- It provides a secure medium for seamless communication between students and faculty, and creates continuous interaction and follow-up.
- Professors from the faculty make and mark tests and direct instructions to students quickly and easily.
- Faculty members are able to obtain various international certificates.
- The Blackboard system also contributes to facilitating the construction of training projects, new courses and developed curricula.
- Enable students to use electronic media to access information, and enhance their ability to keep pace with technological development.
Steps to get to the Blackboard Taif University
After the method of registration at Taif University was clarified through the university’s electronic admission portal. Also, both faculty members and students can access the Blackboard, and enjoy all services easily through some of the following steps:
- Enter the Taif University Blackboard link from here
- You agree to the Terms and Privacy.
- Then fill in the registration data field, including; Username (either for student or faculty member) and password (identity number).
- Then click on the “Login” tab.
- Once this step is completed, the student can enter the list of courses.
- The teacher can also follow up on his students.
ATTENTION: The student username is the university number for each student. While the username for the faculty is the email username.
Taif University administrations
Taif University, with its various departments and its various affairs, is managed by a group of departments, each of which undertakes specific tasks; To facilitate its work system, these departments are:
- Administrative Communications.
- Public relations.
- Inventory Management.
- Also the General Administration of Administrative Development.
- Medical Administration.
- University housing.
- Procurement, tenders and contracts.
- Faculty and staff affairs.
- Missions management.
- General Administration of Administrative and Financial Affairs.
- Follow-up and administrative management.
- Also warehouse management.
- financial management.
- In addition to also engineering management.
- Security and safety management.
- the legal administration.
The centers included in Taif University
The university includes three main centers:
- Center for medicine and research in high altitudes.
- As well as a special center in English.
- Center for educational aids.
Taif University We have clarified the date of its inception, the method of registering at Taif University and electronic services, in addition to the conditions for admission to Taif University 1443 and its blackboard.